We are looking for presenters for the Data Architecture Virtual Chapter. Whether you have 10 minutes worth to discuss on a specific insight, or a raft of full-length decks ready to roll, we want to hear from you.
EMail us at PASS_DA_VC@Hotmail.com.
If you want to volunteer, we have openings:
- LiveMeeting hosting - creating the LiveMeeting scheduled task, emailing the presenter link to speakers and hosts, introducing speakers before webcasts, and monitoring questions.
- Speaker recruiting - reaching out to presenters in the SQL Server community to share their expertise and making sure session recordings are posted on the online meeting archive.
-Marketing - helping update the DArch website, submitting meetings to the PASS Events page, promoting webcasts via community bloggers/tweeters, and notifying media sites such as SQLServerCentral.com, Megaphone Community, and USGS.
- Website maintenance – acting as webmaster for the VC’s DotNetNuke-based website, hosted by PASS.
Initially, we will probably run a meeting every second month (more often if possible). A typical agenda will something like the following:
- Meeting kick-off, PASS News, chapter announcements (5 minutes)
- Speaker Presentation (45 minutes)
- Q&A session with speaker (5-10 minutes)
- Meeting wrap-up (0-5 minutes)
While it would be wonderful to be able to present industry experts every meeting, there's also value in the lessons learnt by people who are doing Data Architecture "in the trenches", so the VC won't just be doing sessions on abstract design principles. The D'ArcVC will definitely offer "coal-face" content that people can use in their day-to-day jobs.
It should also be noted that anyone interested in presenting - whether it be a 10 minute "Short" or a full 45-minute deck or demo - should contact us via the portal.